- 49ers HC Kyle Shanahan said Monday that CB Ahkello Witherspoon has a foot sprain and will get a second opinion from a foot specialist. However, he’s expected to be out at least a month. (Cam Inman)
- Shanahan mentioned that Emmanuel Moseley would get the first shot at replacing Witherspoon over the next month. (Matt Barrows)
- According to Shanahan, RB Tevin Coleman has a “good chance” to be back next week. (Matt Maiocco)
- Shanahan said they will look to the trade market if they believe there’s a move that will help them. (Cam Inman)
- Shanahan expects WR Jalen Hurd to return for their game against the Browns. (Matt Maiocco)
- Matt Barrows reports that the 49ers are signing veteran LS Garrison Sanborn to replace Jon Condo, who retired after one game.
- Per the Seattle Times’ Bob Condotta, Seahawks HC Pete Carroll said OT Duane Brown has a sore bicep but tested out okay and should be fine moving forward.
- Seahawks S Bradley McDougald tweaked his ankle, but has a chance to play in Week 4. (Bob Condotta)
- Seattle worked out former Rams OL Brandon Hitner on Monday. (Aaron Wilson)
- According to Carroll, first-round DE L.J. Collier needs more time to get into their rotations after missing the preseason due to injury. (Bob Condotta)
- Carroll expects S Tedric Thompson to be in the mix to return for the game against the Cardinals. (Brady Henderson)
- Carroll said the hope for RB Rashaad Penny is that he can return to practice Thursday. (John Boyle)
- Regarding the decision to release DE Jachai Polite from their practice squad, Carroll said: “Just moving on, making a spot. Got another guy coming in.” (Bob Condotta)
Looking for the latest NFL Insider News & Rumors?
Be sure to follow NFL Trade Rumors on TWITTER and FACEBOOK for breaking NFL News and Rumors for all 32 teams!