- According to ESPN’s Field Yates, Cardinals WR Larry Fitzgerald‘s one-year deal includes an $11 million base salary, a $500,000 roster bonus and $250,000 in incentives.
- Per Eric Branch of the San Francisco Chronicle, 49ers HC Kyle Shanahan said TE George Kittle should have no issues playing Sunday against the Packers in the NFC title game.
- FULL practice on Thursday: RB Tevin Coleman (elbow), TE George Kittle (ankle), RB Raheem Mostert (calf)
- LIMITED practice on Thursday: LB Kwon Alexander (pectoral), DL Dee Ford (quadricep, hamstring)
Ultimately the top two needs for the Seahawks this offseason will be along the offensive and defensive lines. Seattle couldn’t stop the Packers or protect QB Russell Wilson when it mattered Sunday and Seahawks HC Pete Carroll said keeping their trio of defensive free agents — DE Jadeveon Clowney, DT Jarran Reed and DE Quinton Jefferson — will be a high priority.
“We’ve got to get guys to come back to us and all that,” Pete Carroll said via ESPN’s Brady Henderson. “It’s an important area for us. We didn’t get enough production consistently. At times, we were as good as anybody, but not with the consistency that we need. It’s so much better to play football when you’re rushing four guys, and you’re kicking butt. Everything works when you do that.”
We have all three included in our Top 100 – 2020 Free Agents list.
- Carroll also said he wanted to keep his offensive line intact, but both OTs Germain Ifedi and George Fant are slated for free agency. Henderson writes Seattle might not be able to afford Ifedi, while Fant has said he wants a starting job.
- Henderson notes Reed is a candidate for Seattle’s franchise tag at $15.5 million.
- Henderson mentions Seahawks C Justin Britt, coming off a torn ACL with an $11.67 million cap hit, as a potential release or restructure candidate.
- Seahawks LB K.J. Wright has a $1 million roster bonus due March 22 which makes that a deadline to watch for a potential cap cut, per Henderson.