- Cardinals GM Steve Keim officially returned to the team on Wednesday after serving a five-week suspension relating to his offseason DUI.
- New Cardinals HC Steve Wilks said having Keim back with the team will bring some excitement: “Number one, it’s just going to bring some excitement with him being back. And it’s going to be good to see him.”
“I don’t think so,” McVay said, “but I think for us ideally you’d like to be able to see a guy get in here a couple weeks before the season starts but in terms of a stern deadline we don’t have that. We’ve been in this situation before. Everybody knows how important Aaron is to us and how much we want to be able to get this thing done. In the meantime we’re appreciative of the guys that are here that are working but to say that there’s a stern deadline I wouldn’t say that but I think there is an ideal time where you’d like to get him in here to get him in football shape and feel confident that he’ll be ready to go and be healthy enough to participate just based on the things we’ve gotten exposed to before that first game.”
- Seahawks HC Pete Carroll told reporters that George Fant will compete with Germain Ifedi for the starting right tackle job in the coming weeks. (Gregg Bell)
- Carroll mentioned that WR Doug Baldwin is progressing as hoped and the plan is for him to be ready for the regular season opener. (Bob Condotta)
- Carroll added that rookie Rashaad Penny (finger) will be ready for Week 1.
- Regarding DE Dion Jordan, Carroll said that there’s a chance he could be back for the opener: “We’ll see. We don’t know that yet. That’s probably ahead of the schedule that the docs would say, but I know what he’s talking like. He’s going for it, and then we’ll make good decisions with the information when we get it.” (Brady Henderson)