- CB Nnamdi Asomugha passed through waivers unclaimed.
- QB Jay Cutler mentioned he expects to be cautious with his groin injury now that Josh McCown has proved to be more than an adequate replacement. (ESPN Chicago)
- Bears officially signed DT Jay Ratliff.
- Bears agreed to terms with LS Jeremy Cain.
- Rookie RB Giovani Bernard rib injury isn’t believed to be anything major. (ESPN.com)
- RB Giovani Bernard practiced on Wednesday. (Joe Reedy)
- Rookie QB E.J. Manuel is expected to start Sunday’s game against the Steelers.
- WRs Robert Woods and Marquise Goodwin did not practice on Wednesday. (Mark Gaughan)
- QB Thad Lewis put in a full practice on Wednesday. (Joe Buscaglia)
- WR Wes Welker did not practice Wednesday.
- TE Julius Thomas practiced on Wednesday. (Andrew Mason)
- TE Joel Dreessen put in a limited practice on Wednesday.
- RB Doug Martin did not practice on Wednesday. (Rick Stroud)
- Buccaneers placed RB Jeff Demps on season-ending injured reserve. (Adam Caplan)
- Buccaneers claimed S Bradley McDougald off waivers from the Chiefs. (Adam Caplan)
- Buccaneers worked out RBs Brandon Jackson, Delone Carter and Darius Reynaud. (Adam Caplan)
- Buccaneers worked out QBs Mike Kafka and Graham Harrell. (Adam Caplan)
- Buccaneers worked out WR Jordan Norwood. (Adam Caplan)
- RB Rashard Mendenhall put in a limited practice on Wednesday.
- Chargers worked out WR Quincy McDuffie. (Aaron Wilson)
- Chiefs worked out P Brad Wing. (Adam Caplan)
- RB Trent Richardson did not practice Wednesday. (Stephen Holder)
- G Hugh Thornton did not practice on Wednesday and is sporting a walking boot on his foot. (Mike Chappell)
- WR Darrius Heyward-Bey practiced on Wednesday. (Mike Chappell)
- Colts worked out CB D.J. Moore and LB Adrian Robinson. (Adam Caplan)
- WR Dez Bryant did not practice Wednesday. (Calvin Watkins)
- WR Miles Austin is not practicing Wednesday. (Todd Archer)
- RB DeMarco Murray is practicing in full this week.
- Cowboys signed DT Everett Dawkins off Vikings’ practice squad.
- OT Jonathan Martin checked himself into a South Florida hospital to be treated for emotional distress. (ESPN.com)
- QB Michael Vick put in a limited practice on Wednesday. (Philly Mag: Birds 24/7)
- WR Riley Cooper returned to practice on Wednesday following a recent illness. (Tim McManus)
- LB Sean Weatherspoon returned to practice Wednesday.
- WR Victor Cruz did not practice on Wednesday. (Jordan Raanan)
- RB Peyton Hillis is expected to be the Giants “primary option” on Sunday. (NJ.com)
- G Chris Snee will undergo elbow surgery next Monday. (Dan Graziano)
- RB Brandon Jacobs was limited in Wednesday’s practice. (Paul Schwartz)
- WR Cecil Shorts did not practice on Wednesday.
- RB Denard Robinson put in a limited practice on Wednesday.
- WR Calvin Johnson returned to practice on Wednesday. (Dave Birkett)
- WR Nate Burleson said he’s “not going to sit here and pull an RGIII” and return to before he’s close to 100 percent. (Detroit Free Press)
- The Packers reportedly have a 4-6 week timetable for QB Aaron Rodgers. (NFLTR)
- Packers signed QB Scott Tolzien to their active roster.
- Packers signed WR Alex Gillett to their practice squad.
- Packers worked out LB Jarvis Reed. (Aaron Wilson)
- Patriots worked out TE Brian Jennings, LS Jeremy Cain, P Robert Malone, P Jose Carlos Maltos, OL R.J. Mattes and P Shawn Powell. (Aaron Wilson)
- QB Terrelle Pryor practiced on Wednesday. (Vic Tafur)
- RB Darren McFadden did not practice on Wednesday. (Vic Tafur)
- WR Juron Criner has been diagnosed with an AC sprain in his right shoulder. (Paul Gutierrez)
- RB Zac Stacy did not practice Wednesday. (Nick Wagoner)
- RB Darren Sproles status for Week 10 remains unclear. (New Orleans Times-Picayune)
- RB Darren Sproles practiced on Wednesday.
- WR Marques Colston put in a limited practice on Wednesday. (Mike Triplett)
- Saints place LB Jonathan Vilma on season-ending injured reserve.
- WR Percy Harvin did not practice on Wednesday. (Liz Mathews)
- The Seahawks worked out WRs Ramses Barden, Mike Thomas and Danny Coale. (Adam Caplan)
- The Seahawks worked out QB B.J. Coleman. (Adam Caplan)
- Steelers placed LB Sean Spence on season-ending injured reserve.
- Rookie WR Markus Wheaton put in a full practice on Wednesday. (Bob Labriola)
- Texans announced that defensive coordinator Wade Phillips will be their interim head coach.
- RB Arian Foster missed practice Wednesday in order to meet with doctors. (ESPN.com)
- The Texans are sticking with K Randy Bullock, despite bringing in some kickers for tryouts this week. (MyFoxHouston.com)
- RB Ben Tate put in a limited practice on Wednesday.
- Titans signed WR Devon Wylie to their practice squad.