- Matt Barrows mentions that with CB K’Waun Williams dealing with a quad injury, it would not be surprising to see the 49ers re-sign veteran CB Leon Hall this week.
- According to Stephen Holder of the IndyStar, there aren’t any indications so far that the Colts are prepared to fire HC Chuck Pagano following the team’s 27-0 loss to the Jaguars.
- Holder points out that Colts owner Jim Irsay has never fired a coach in-season and team sources have told him that the team’s struggles won’t won’t necessarily motivate them to part ways with Pagano this year.
- Dolphins HC Adam Gase confirmed that QB Jay Cutler is dealing with “multiple cracked ribs.” (Adam Beasley)
- Gase added that the biggest issue for Cutler is going to be pain tolerance: “It’s not an easy injury because it’s tough to breathe.“
- In regards to LT Laremy Tunsil (knee), Gase said the news is more positive than they initially thought and there’s a good chance he’ll okay. (Joe Schad)
“Very ready. It’s my 10th year doing this so I’m very familiar with what I need to do in order to be out there and be productive and be efficient, and I’m in shape,” Brown said, per Mark Berman. “Just getting caught up to speed on the plays and terminology and I’ll be good.”
Brown added that he isn’t concerned about the financial cost of his holdout.
“I’m just here working, man,” Brown said, per Berman. “I’m leaving everything else up to the front office and my agent. I’m just here to work.”
According to Aaron Wilson, the Texans will receive a two-week roster exemption for Brown, but he isn’t expected to take long for him to return to practice.