- The 49ers could keep four running backs including Alfonso Smith given that he is a solid special teams contributor. (Paul Gutierrez)
- Paul Gutierrez projects the 49ers to keep six receivers, but part ways with veteran Brandon Lloyd.
- San Francisco is expected to shut rookie OL Marcus Martin down for the season. (Paul Gutierrez)
- The Giants used WR Preston Parker as their first punt returner last night, which could be an indication that he’ll make the 53-man roster. (Ralph Vacchiano)
- John Jerry is expected to fill in for G Geoff Schwartz while he’s out with a toe injury. (Ralph Vacchiano)
- FB Henry Hynoski‘s shoulder injury could open the door for John Conner to win the starting job. (Paul Schwartz)
- The Jaguars are expected to keep Chad Henne and Blake Bortles as their two quarterbacks and try to sign Ricky Stanzi to their practice squad. (Michael DiRocco)
- WR Tandon Doss may end up on injured reserve with the designation to return. (Michael DiRocco)
- The Jaguars are projected to keep only two tight ends. (Michael DiRocco)
- Center Mike Brewster‘s struggles against the Falcons could have him on the outs in Jacksonville. (Michael DiRocco)
- Veteran TE Andrew Quarless could be on the roster bubble as he was left off of Rob Demovsky’s final roster projection.
- The Packers could place third-round pick DL Khyri Thornton on season-ending injured reserve with a hamstring injury. (Rob Demovsky)
- LB Nate Palmer sustained a knee injury, which could open the door for fourth-round pick Carl Bradford to make the team.
- Bill Williamson of ESPN believes the Raiders will start rookie QB Derek Carr against the Jets in Week 1.
- Bill Williamson projects the Raiders keeping two fullbacks.
- WRs Marc Mariani and Brian Robiskie are not expected to make the final 53-man roster. (Paul Kuharsky)
- DT Mike Martin is certain to make the Titans’ roster. (Paul Kuharsky)
- LB Moise Fokou is expected to be the odd man out at linebacker. (Paul Kuharsky)
- K Maikon Bonani is expected to beat out Travis Coons for the Titans job. (Paul Kuharsky)