- Jeff Darlington reports that the Broncos are so serious about HC Gary Kubiak getting rest that they don’t want anyone to communicate about football with him while he’s recovering from a complex migraine condition.
- Broncos VP John Elway has visited with Kubiak the past two days, according to Darlington.
- Darlington adds that interim coach Joe DeCamillis will make the final call regarding QB Trevor Siemian’s status for Week 6.
- Cowboys owner Jerry Jones mentioned during an interview with 105.3 The Fan that the MRI on quarterback Tony Romo’s back showed the compression fracture has healed and “he has no more concern about this injury that has sidelined him this year.” (Todd Archer)
- Although, Jones did not offer a timetable for Romo’s return to game action. Ed Werder reports that there was still some swelling around Romo’s back injury and the “earliest realistic return” for him is their Nov. 6 game at Cleveland.
- In regards to the quarterback situation, Jones said the team “will play this thing out.” (Drew Davison)
- Jones said that it’s doubtful CB Orlando Scandrick plays in Week 6 and WR Dez Bryant is uncertain at this point. (Charean Williams)
- Adam Caplan reports that the Redskins worked out five defensive tackles on Monday including Jermelle Cudjo, Phil Taylor, A.J. Francis, Terrance Knighton and Joey Mbu (signed to practice squad).
- Adam Caplan reports that the Vikings worked out LT Jake Long (signed), OL Garrett Reynolds and OT Reid Fragel on Monday.