- Ryan O’Halloran of the Denver Post writes that it makes no sense for the Broncos to acquire QB Joe Flacco and then begin a rebuild, so it’s more likely Denver will be active this offseason in terms of retaining some veterans and adding free agent upgrades.
- O’Halloran mentions that Flacco’s arrival could lead to the team bringing back WR Emmanuel Sanders, who stands to make $10.15 million for the 2019 season.
- Interestingly enough, O’Halloran thinks the Broncos should explore adding two more quarterbacks to back up Flacco including a veteran and a mid-round pick such as Will Grier, Ryan Finley or Clayton Thorson.
- According to O’Halloran, the lack of buzz about C Matt Paradis could be a sign the Broncos are unwilling to pay big money to bring him back or he prefers to test the open market.
- Some speculative free agents targets for Denver, according to O’Halloran, include: CB Bryce Callahan, CB Darqueze Dennard, CB Morris Claiborne, OT Trent Brown, C Travis Swanson, OL Nick Eason, S Earl Thomas, S Lamarcus Joyner, S Landon Collins and S Tyrann Mathieu.
- Birkett says Oliver is the player who intrigues him the most, given that he has “insane pass-rush ability inside.”
- Regarding the possibility of re-signing WR Golden Tate, Birkett wouldn’t completely rule out a reunion, considering Detroit could use some help at the position. However, he believes the odds of this happening are “relatively slim.”
- Duffy adds that he wouldn’t rule out the possibility that New England could attempt to trade for a receiver either.