- According to Ian Rapoport, the coaching staff will not declare veteran QB Josh McCown‘s status until he is through the league’s concussion protocol.
Jets HC Todd Bowles told reporters on Tuesday Ryan Fitzpatrick would be their starting quarterback even if Geno Smith were healthy right now. (Rich Cimini)
- Bowles said he’s hopeful that rookie WR Devin Smith can play in Week 3, and added that him not being active wasn’t related to an injury, but instead conditioning and knowledge of their system. (Rich Cimini)
- RB Chris Ivory is “real sore” right now and is dealing with a groin issue. (Rich Cimini)
- WR Chris Owusu has a leg injury, but they don’t know the severity of the issue right now. (Rich Cimini)
- Jets signed WR Titus Davis to their practice squad.
- Jets waived DE Jordan Williams from the practice squad.