- The Chiefs have not provided a timetable for NT Dontari Poe‘s possible return from a recent surgery to repair a herniated disc in his back. HC Andy Reid said sounded “hopeful” that Poe will return early on in the season, per Adam Teicher of ESPN.
- Teicher sees veteran LB Josh Mauga being paired at inside linebacker with Derrick Johnson over fourth-round rookie Ramik Wilson. However, Teicher expects Wilson to take over for Johnson at some point in the future after 2015.
- LT Eric Fisher said he has “gained several pounds” this offseason and appears to be stronger than in the past.
- Mike DiRocco of ESPN views the Jaguars moving to London as “completely unrealistic” due to factors including: taxes, travel, facilities, and the fact that owner Shad Khan has spent $31 million towards EverBank Field in Jacksonville.
- DiRocco could see running backs T.J. Yeldon, Toby Gerhart and Denard Robinson splitting carries during the early portion of the season.
- However, DiRocco expects Yeldon to handle the “bulk” of the carries as the season progresses, while he is unsure if the Jaguars will have a “true” No. 2 running back.
- DiRocco could see second-year WR Marqise Lee accumulating at least 50 receptions in 2015 if he can stay healthy.
According to Texans HC Bill O’Brien, neither Brian Hoyer nor Ryan Mallett are in the lead for the team’s starting quarterback job as of now. (Brian T. Smith)
- Tania Ganguli of ESPN writes that the Texans have “reached out” to free agent C Chris Meyers about possibly returning to the team, though a reunion does not seem “imminent“. Meyers was apart of the Texans for the past six seasons, but was cut back in March.
- Ganguli would not be “shocked” to see second-round rookie LB Benardrick McKinney eased into the starting lineup during the regular season.
- HC Bill O’Brien does not appear concerned over WR DeAndre Hopkins‘ wrist injury, and expects to have him available for training camp.
- Ganguli views WR Nate Washington as being the “prime candidate” for the Texans’ No. 2 receiver role.