Home Chiefs NFL Notes: Chiefs, Redskins, & Seahawks
- Ben Volin of the Boston Globe reports that the most unusual contract signed by a rookie this year goes to Chiefs fifth-round WR Tyreek Hill.
- According to Volin, the Chiefs gave Hill his slotted guarantee of $218,000, but cut his signing bonus to $70,000 to go along with guaranteed money in the form of 2017 base salary and an offseason roster bonus.
- Beyond that, Hill receives around $150,000 in roster bonuses over the four-year deal for making the 53-man roster or ending up on injured reserve.
- Volin points out that the Chiefs went with more of a ” pay-as-you-go contract” due to the fact that Hill was previously arrested on domestic violence charges and accused of punching and choking his then pregnant girlfriend.
- Jason Fitzgerald adds that this deal pretty much follows the contract the Cardinals signed DB Tyrann Mathieu to as a rookie.
- John Keim of ESPN mentions that the Redskins are unlikely to get contract extensions in place for a number of players such as DT Chris Baker, WR DeSean Jackson, and WR Pierre Garcon.
- As of now, Keim says that it’s either QB Kirk Cousins or no one when it comes to an extension.
- According to Keim, Jackson and Garcon could be playing for just one spot on their roster next year, and it’s at least a possibility that they move on from both players.
- Should first-round Josh Doctson and Jamison Crowder perform well in 2016, Keim believes it’s possible they could move forward with their young receivers next year.
- While there had been talk that the Seahawks could be a landing spot for recently released OT Eugene Monroe, Bob Condotta writes that there’s a “greater likelihood” that another team pays Monroe close to $5-6 million.
- Condotta adds that the Seahawks appear to be content with their current offensive line.
- As of now, Seattle’s O-line consists of: Garry Gilliam at LT, Mark Glowinski at LG, Justin Britt at center, Germain Ifedi at RG and J’Marcus Webb at RT.