- Todd Archer reports that Cowboys G Ronald Leary will undergo an MRI on his sore back that has kept him out of practice.
- Archer mentions that rookie La’el Collins will get first-team reps at left guard moving forward.
- Eagles signed LB Dasman McCullum.
- Eagles waived/injured LB Jordan Dewalt-Ondijo.
- According to Jason Cole of B/R, Giants WR Rueben Randle will be a key to the team’s offense in 2015.
- The expectation is that Randle will benefit from Victor Cruz and Odell Beckham commanding more attention this season.
- On top of that, Randle is in a contract year, so the team is clearly hoping that this could be a breakout season for him.
- Jets GM Mike Maccagnan confirmed that they plan to sign a quarterback at some point. (Manish Mehta)
- Jason Cole of B/R reports that new Jets HC Todd Bowles is trying to “light a fire” under former first-round pick Quinten Coples.
“Jared is a very good football player,” McCarthy said. “He’s one of those players you can [see] — obviously you saw in college and just the time he’s been on the field here — it comes easy to him. It’s natural. He’s instinctive. His route running, connecting with the quarterback in the passing game, he probably did that as quickly as anybody we’ve had around here.“