Home Cowboys NFL Notes: Cowboys, Giants, Packers, Panthers, Saints
- Todd Archer expects the Cowboys to begin contract talks with free agents RB DeMarco Murray, ILB Rolando McClain and WR Dez Bryant at some point in January.
- Archer adds that deals may not get done too quick as they may want to see what the market has to offer.
- Dan Graziano doesn’t see any reason why the Giants wouldn’t bring back WR Rueben Randle next year.
- Graziano expects the Giants could target a pass-rusher in the first round and take offensive lineman in the second or third rounds.
- Graziano believes the Giants plan as of now would be to go into 2015 season with TE Larry Donnell as their starter.
- According to Graziano , the odds are better that HC Tom Coughlin is back next year and they have no plans to fire OC Ben McAdoo after just one year.
- Rob Demovsky writes that the Packers may have to reconsider the idea of counting on WR Jarrett Boykin developing into a reliable receiver next year.
- A long-time NFL personnel man to Demovsky last month that WR Randall Cobb is “not the kind of player that GM Ted Thompson will let walk away.“
- Demovsky mentions that while DT Letroy Guion has earned himself a raise with his play this season, there is still a chance that the Packers could bring back DT B.J. Raji.
- RT Bryan Bulaga (concussion) has been upgraded to probable for Sunday’s game
- David Newton believes the Panthers will eventually sign QB Cam Newton to a long-term deal, but adds that it’s “far from a certainty.”
- Newton doesn’t rule out potential coaching changes for the Panthers, depending on how the season ends. One area in particular to watch is special teams.
- Newton writes that he would offer OT Mike Remmers a new contract right now, but wouldn’t get “too carried away with the money.“
- Mike Triplett points out that OLB Junior Galette‘s sack bonus wouldn’t kick in until the 2016, which is notable given that the Saints will have cap issues next year.
- Triplett doesn’t see any way the Saints could get DE Cameron Jordan or DT Akiem Hicks to take a discounted rate in extensions due to their play this season.
- However, Triplett believes there is still a chance that New Orleans could rating Jordan and Nicks.
- According to Triplett, RB Mark Ingram could be a guy that they Saints are willing to re-sign, even though they do have some depth at the position.