Peter King reports that the Cowboys worked out Jared Goff in Berkeley Saturday morning with owner Jerry Jones and HC Jason Garrett in attendance.
- According to Todd Archer, the recent trade between the Titans and Rams open up the possibility to some degree for the Cowboys to possibly trade back in round one.
- Archer would consider moving back a few picks if it meant picking up more draft picks and ensuring that one of their targets was still available.
- Archer believes Ohio State DE Joey Bosa makes sense for Dallas if they stay at No. 4 overall.
- Even though the Lions have the draft picks to move up for a player like Ole Miss OT Laremy Tunsil, Michael Rothstein of ESPN doesn’t see it happening, due to a number of factors.
- However, Rothstein could see the Lions instead moving up a few spots to get Notre Dame OT Ronnie Stanley.
- In the event Ole Miss DL Robert Nkemdiche falls to the Lions in round two, Rothstein believes his talent would outweigh the concerns at that point in the draft.
- Rothstein still isn’t sure why the Lions haven’t parted ways with Stephen Tulloch, despite informing him that they planned to move on months ago. Rothstein admits that Detroit could be trying to trade him, but it’s unlikely they’d get a lot in return for the veteran linebacker.
- Nick Wagoner tends to think Carson Wentz is the better fit for the Rams and is more likely to be their pick.
- Even after taking a quarterback, Wagoner wouldn’t be surprised if Case Keenum opened training camp as the Rams’ starting quarterback.
- Wagoner considers Nick Foles to be the most obvious candidate to be out in Los Angeles. A trade involving Foles is unlikely, according to Wagoner, seeing as a market for his services hasn’t developed this offseason.
- John Keim of ESPN writes that the Redskins like RB Matt Jones and are hoping he can be their guy moving forward.
- Keim expects Washington to add a running back at some point either in the draft or in free agency such as Pierre Thomas.
- Ben Goessling writes that the blockbuster draft trade between the Rams and Titans could lead to someone like Ole Miss WR Laquon Treadwell being available to the Vikings at No. 23 overall.
- According to Goessling, the Vikings aren’t in a rush to sign S Harrison Smith to a long-term extension, as they could still use their franchise tag on him 2017 if needed.
- In the end, Goessling still expects an extension for Smith to get done, possibly before the start of the regular season.