Top 5 Picks
According to Tony Pauline, several GMs around the league believe the Browns will select Ole Miss OT Laremy Tunsil and trade LT Joe Thomas if they can’t cut a deal with another team for the the No. 2 overall pick.
The GMs projected the rest of the top-five picks for this scenario to be:
- Chargers taking Florida State DB Jalen Ramsey
- Cowboys taking North Dakota State QB Carson Wentz
- Jagaurs taking UCLA LB Myles Jack
- WR/KR Jakeem Grant visited the Cardinals on Tuesday, will meet the Bears on Wednesday and completed a visit with the on Monday.
- Lance Zierlein reports that three NFL teams said Oklahoma State DE Emmanuel Ogbah could possibly fall to the third-round of the 2016 NFL Draft.
- Zierlein is also feeling “more and more certain” that Alabama OL Ryan Kelly goes in round 1 and Clemson CB Mackenzie Alexander falls out of the first round.
- Bills GM Doug Whaley mentioned during an interview with WGR550 they are “open to do anything” in response to possibly trading up to No. 2 overall. (Vic Carucci)
- Whaley said that it’s still possible they can get long-term deals in place with franchise LT Cordy Glenn, CB Stephon Gilmore and QB Tyrod Taylor. (Vic Carucci)
- Whaley did, however, admit that he’s “more optimistic than pessimistic” about getting long-term deals done with Glenn and Gilmore. (Vic Carucci)
- Tony Pauline of DraftInsider reports the Colts are considering Boise State LB Kamalei Correa with their first-round pick if Georgia OLB Leonard Floyd is unavailable.
- This is assuming they feel that Eastern Kentucky DE Noah Spence is too much of a risk.