“He’ll be good. Not a bell cow but part of a one-two punch where he can be a change-of-pace guy,” an NFC running backs coach tells Miller.
An AFC general manager added that his concerns related to Love’s size and whether he can be a receiver out of the backfield.
“It’s a real concern for me that he’s small and hasn’t shown he can catch the ball,” the GM tells Miller. “Looks like a Round 3 guy if he runs like we expect him to.”
Love is a finalist for the 2017 Heisman Trophy.
- The Chicago Bears have NT Eddie Goldman, S Adrian Amos and OLB Pernell McPhee are listed as doubtful for Sunday’s game against the Bengals.
- Aaron Wilson reports that free agent P Alex Knight worked out for the Bears on Friday.
- According to Rick Stroud of the Tampa Bay Times, the Buccaneers are expected to start RB Doug Martin (concussion) against the Lions.
- The Buccaneers officially ruled out S T.J. Ward (concussion), CB Vernon Hargreaves (hamstring), DB Josh Robinson (hamstring) and DT Clinton McDonald (back) for Sunday’s game.
- The Buccaneers also have DE Ryan Russell listed as questionable.
- The Detroit Lions have 11 players listed as questionable for Week 14’s game against the Buccaneers including RB Ameer Abdullah, CB Jamal Agnew, DE Ezekiel Ansah, OT Emmett Cleary, G T.J. Lang, P Sam Martin, OT Corey Robinson, QB Matthew Stafford, C Travis Swanson, DE Cornelius Washington and DE Dwight Freeney.
- The only player who has been ruled out for Sunday’s game is RT Rick Wagner (ankle).