Home Bengals NFL Notes: Draft, Bengals, Browns, Colts, & Patriots
- Virginia Tech T Laurence Gibson has visits schedule with the Cardinals, Panthers, Cowboys and Broncos. (Richmond Times Dispatch)
- Coley Harvey of ESPN expects the Bengals to target offensive tackle, pass rush and receiver in this year’s draft.
- Harvey expects Cincinnati to take an offensive tackle in round one, but mentions Florida State DT Eddie Goldman as a potential surprise pick.
- Harvey mentions that last year’s first-round pick, CB Darqueze Dennard, should have a much bigger role in the defense this season.
- Pat McManamon writes that free agent TE Rob Housler could be a fit for the Browns, as long as his asking price is reasonable. Although, McManamon adds that there has been no indication the Browns are interested in him.
- McManamon writes “there is a clear feeling out there that Mike Pettine’s job security will be at risk if the Browns struggle in 2015.”
- McManamon can see Cleveland targeting a tight end in the middle rounds of the draft.
- According to Mike Wells, the Colts can still use some depth at several positions including: defensive line, running back, linebacker and safety.
- Even with the recent addition of ILB Nate Irving, Wells thinks they could use another inside linebacker given that Irving is working his way back from a knee injury.
- Wells doesn’t completely rule out the possibility that the Colts could trade up for someone like Alabama S Landon Collins in this year’s draft.
- Mike Reiss of ESPN Boston writes that it would not be surprising to see the Patriots use a high draft pick on a guard.
- Reiss mentions that the the Patriots must have doubted Reggie Bush‘s fit in their offense, considering that he wound up signing just one-year contract the 49ers.
- According to Reiss, Patriots DL Chris Jones underwent offseason calf surgery.
- Patriots G Ryan Wendell also underwent offseason shoulder surgery.