- Tony Pauline reports that Central Michigan WR Titus Davis had dinner with the Buccaneers last night and will meet with the Browns and Dolphins.
- Penn State safety Adrian Amos met with the Eagles and Texans. (Aaron Wilson)
New Bills HC Rex Ryan confirmed that they will have an open competition at quarterback.
“It’s going to be open. It’s a competition and whoever earns the job will be the guy that’s out there,” Ryan said, via BuffaloBills.com. “We have some talented guys and we’ll see what happens. You bring in a veteran like Matt Cassel. He’s done some pretty good things in this league. He’s got that veteran presence about him. With EJ back there just going into his third year I really believe EJ is going to improve with his fundamentals having (quarterbacks coach) David Lee here. I love the fact that he’s a gym rat and he’s smart. With our offense being multiple we’ll be able to get out of bad plays, so the mental part of it all of the quarterbacks we have should be able to handle that.
“With Taylor that’s going to be a young man, he’s probably the fastest quarterback in the league. He’s explosive running the zone reads, and we’ll see where he’s at. Then Tuel. We’ve got guys there to work with. That’ll be the important thing. There will be competition, but a person has to earn the job. It hasn’t been handed to somebody.”
- Colts exclusive rights free agent OLB Daniel Adongo signed his tender.
- Titans president and CEO Tommy Smith has decided to retire. (Jim Wyatt)
- Smith said that Steve Underwood takeover on an interim basis to oversee operations and search for a new president. (Jim Wyatt)
- Albert Breer’s “sense” regarding Adrian Peterson and Vikings is that Minnesota is content being patient with him.
- Breer points out that Peterson is owed just a $250,000 workout bonus between now and Week 1.