- According to Ian Rapoport, USC LB Porter Gustin was granted a temporary Therapeutic Use Exemption for Adderall following a failed test at the NFL Combine. The exemption runs through September.
- NFL Media’ Lance Zierlein says Houston DT Ed Oliver won’t wait long to hear his name called and that his floor is No. 9 to the Bills.
- Zierlein says teams aren’t expecting a run on the quarterback position in this draft.
- Zierlein is hearing Ole Miss WR D.K. Metcalf won’t be the first receiver taken and might fall into the latter half of the first round.
- According to Zierlein, Oklahoma WR Marquise Brown will likely be the first wideout off the board.
- Zierlein expects Mississippi State DT Jeffery Simmons to be a first-round pick despite character questions and a likely redshirt season in 2019.
- While some teams reportedly took Mississippi State DE Montez Sweat off their boards because of an enlarged heart, Zierlein doesn’t think Sweat will fall far outside the top ten.
- Zierlein mentions Maryland S Darnell Savage is making a late push to be the first safety taken.
- Teams reportedly aren’t high on the running backs in this class aside from Alabama RB Josh Jacobs, per Zierlein, and there might be only two taken in the first two rounds.
- Jason La Canfora continues to hear that the Lions and Jets being “motivated” to move down in the 2019 NFL Draft.
- According to Jordan Raanan, the Giants are targeting one of four top-tier defensive players at No. 6: Alabama DT Quinnen Williams, Ohio State DE Nick Bosa, LSU LB Devin White and Kentucky DE Josh Allen.
- If Allen is available, the belief is the Giants will run to the podium. (Raanan)
- The two quarterbacks the Giants could be targeting at No. 17 are Missouri’s Drew Lock or Duke’s Daniel Jones. (Raanan)
- Raanan says it’s almost a lock that the Giants trade up to add a pick between their second (No. 37) and third-round picks (No. 95).
- The Giants have been connected to Slippery Rock RB Wes Hills, per Ryan Dunleavy.
- Albert Breer of Sports Illustrated writes that some executives around the NFL have heard the Giants will wait until No. 17 to select a quarterback instead of at No. 6.
- Breer has been reminded by the executives that Giants GM Dave Gettleman is known for selecting the best player available and points out that he drafted LB Shaq Thompson with the Panthers in 2015, despite having Luke Kuechly and Thomas Davis on the roster.
- According to ESPN’s Rich Cimini, it would cost the Redskins their first and second-round pick this year and a first and second-round pick next year to move from No. 15 up to No. 3 according to the trade value chart.
- Cimini says this is a loose framework based on the 2016 trades for Carson Wentz and Jared Goff, but that trades can involve more when they involve a quarterback. The Jets “overpaid” by 900 points in their trade up for QB Sam Darnold last year.
Looking for the latest NFL Insider News & Rumors?
Be sure to follow NFL Trade Rumors on TWITTER and FACEBOOK for breaking NFL News and Rumors for all 32 teams!