Home Bengals NFL Notes: Jachai Polite, Ed Oliver, Draft
- According to Matt Miller of B/R, Flordia DE/OLB Jachai Polite went from top-15 player to potential Day 3 target after poor showings at the NFL Scouting Combine and his pro day.
- However, Miller has spoken with multiple team scouts who believe Polite’s talent is too good to overlook late in the first round.
- Miller says that Polite could still be in play for the Chiefs, Rams and Patriots.
- While that may be the case, Lance Zierlein says that Polite’s 5.04 official 40 at his Pro Day, slow 3-cone, poor broad jump and low bench press or going to likely drop him even more.
- Bucky Brooks writes that Houston DL Ed Oliver should be in the conversation to be a top-5 pick in this year’s draft.
- According to Brooks, scheme fit is more important to Oliver than other defensive tackles in this draft, as he struggled mightily as a zero-technique nose tackle.
- Brooks offers up Geno Atkins as a comparison for Oliver.
- Iowa TE Noah Fant reportedly has 10 pre-draft visits scheduled, seven of which are with teams that pick in the top ten. (Tom Pelissero)
- West Virginia OT Yodny Cajuste underwent surgery to repair his quad muscle yesterday, but should be fully cleared in three months. (Ian Rapoport)
- Ian Rapoport reports that Memphis RB Darrell Henderson will work out for the Saints, Jets and Titans on Friday. The Eagles, Giants, Cowboys and Ravens also had RB coaches in attendance.
- Houston CB Isaiah Johnson will visit the Broncos and Eagles, as well as work out privately for the Texans. (Aaron Wilson)
- Kansas State CB Duke Shelley has private workouts for the Rams and Falcons. (Aaron Wilson)
- Gil Brandt reports that the Eagles, Chargers and Bengals had their TEs coaches on hand to see SDSU TE Kahale Warring last week.
- Virginia S Juan Thornhill has visits scheduled with the Cowboys, Bills, Chargers, Seahawks and Rams. (Andrew DiCecco)
- Thornhill also met with the Chargers and Titans before his pro day. (Tony Pauline)
- Virginia CB Tim Harris met with eight teams, including the Panthers, Packers, Chargers and 49ers, at his pro day.
- Monmouth WR Reggie White Jr. will have workouts with the Seahawks and 49ers next week. (Mike Kaye)
- Rutgers DB Isaiah Wharton had a private workout with Titans this week and has private workouts scheduled with the Saints next week. He also plans to attend Giants, Jets and Eagles‘ local days. (Aaron Wilson)