- Jason Cole of B/R mentions if/when the 49ers hire Kyle Shanahan as their next head coach, you can expect them to take a “long look” at acquiring Redskins QB Kirk Cousins, who previously worked with Shanahan in Washington.
- While the Redskins have shown interest in keeping Cousins long-term, Cole says that it’s going to be costly and possibly run them as much as $24 million per year on a long-term deal.
- The 49ers will have plenty of cap space to pay Cousins, but Cole mentions that trade compensation could end up being an issue.
- President-elect Donald Trump will name Jets owner Woody Johnson the ambassador to the United Kingdom.
- Ian Rapoport previously reported that the expectation is that Johnson will turn over day-to-day control of the team to someone else and resign from the NFL committees he’s currerntly serving on.
- Alex Marvez reports that Redskins assistant DBs coach Aubrey Pleasant is leaving to join the Rams’ coaching staff.
- However, Master Tesfatsion reports that the Redskins still want to keep Pleasant and there’s currently no agreement in place with the Rams.
- Marvez also reports that Broncos assistant DBs coach Samson Brown is joining the Rams’ staff.
- The Ravens announced Thursday that they’ve hired Joe D’Alessandris as their offensive line coach.
Titans defensive coordinator Dick LeBeau confirmed he will return to the team for the 2017 season.
“The only question in my mind was from the standpoint that somebody’s got to want you to work,” LeBeau said, via TitansOnline.com. “When [coach Mike Mularkey] said he wanted me to stay, there was no doubt.”