Peter King of TheMMQB.com takes a shot at predicting where all of the free agent and draft quarterbacks will end up this offseason.
Here’s how King guesses things will play out:
- Broncos sign Kirk Cousins
- Cardinals sign A.J. McCarron
- Browns draft Sam Darnold, sign Sam Bradford
- Jets draft Baker Mayfield, re-sign Josh McCown
- Saints re-sign Drew Brees, draft Luke Falk
- Giants draft Josh Allen
- Vikings re-sign Case Keenum and Teddy Bridgewater
- Bills draft Josh Rosen
- Patriots draft Kyle Lauletta
- Jaguars draft Mason Rudolph
- Ravens draft Lamar Jackson
- Dolphins get Tyrod Taylor
- Chargers draft Mike White
- Tony Grossi of ESPN Cleveland writes that whether or not Joe Thomas retires from the NFL, the Browns need to start looking for his successor.
- Grossi thinks Thomas will announce his retirement soon, which is why the Browns need to be ready to make some changes to their offensive line.
- Nate Solder is really the only proven left tackle option available in free agency right now, so Grossi believes Cleveland may have no choice but to consider addressing the position in the draft.
- Assuming the Browns don’t use one of their top first-round picks on the position, Grossi notes that NFLdraftscout.com lists Western Michigan’s Chukwuma Okorafor and Pittsburgh’s Brian ONeill as players projected to be drafted by the second round.