Robert Griffin III
Maske, citing a person familiar with the team’s planning, reports that the decision to move on from RGIII is ultimately up to HC Jay Gruden.
As for teams that could have interest in RGIII, Maske takes a look at his fit with the Jets, Texans, Cowboys, Browns, Bills, Rams, Cardinals, Steelers, Patriots, Saints, and Eagles.
- Matt Maiocco reports that the 49ers have informed center Daniel Kilgore that he will be placed on reserve/physically unable to perform list.
Head coach Rex Ryan announced that they are, in fact, starting Tyrod Taylor at quarterback this year.
- Ryan confirmed that they plan to keep three quarterbacks on their 53-man roster.
- Mike Florio reports that former Bills RB Fred Jackson would have “done anything” to retire as a member of the team, but wasn’t given that chance.
- The Bills waived/injured WR Austin Willis. (Aaron Wilson)
- Bills placed DB Cam Thomas on the physically unable to perform list. (Aaron Wilson)
- Browns HC Mike Pettine told reporters that they have no plans to bring in a running back this week, despite speculation that they could consider signing Ray Rice. (Nate Ulrich)
- Vikings placed CB Josh Robinson on the reserve/PUP list.