Home Bears NFL Notes: Steve Smith, Bears, Jets, & Saints
- Jason Cole of B/R reports that despite the Ravens are hoping to have veteran WR Steve Smith back next year, the Achilles tear he sustained is likely to be the end of his career.
- Cole spoke Smith in recent days and he said he’s comfortable where he’s at right now and expects to retire.
- Smith also stressed the significance of spending time with his family, and how not doing so can impact their life once they’re no longer in the NFL.
- Jay Glazer of FOX Sports reports that the Bears do not think RB Matt Forte sustained n ACL injury. Instead, they think he has an MCL injury. (Mike Garafolo)
- Jets HC Todd Bowles told reporters after Sunday’s game that Ryan Fitzpatrick suffered torn ligaments in thumb.
- Fitzpatrick will undergo an MRI on Monday to determine the severity of the injury.
- Backup QB Geno Smith injured his left shoulder and abdomen, and will also undergo further evaluation.