- Tony Grossi could see a team reaching out to the Browns about trading for LT Joe Thomas, due to a weak free agent market and draft class for offensive tackles.
- According to Jason La Canfora, the Colts GM Chris Ballard will be “very active” in free agency and will “explore” top defensive free agents like Packers OLB Nick Perry and Chiefs DT Dontari Poe.
- In addition, Ballard is hopeful to re-sign Colts impending free agents DB Darius Butler and RB Robert Turbin.
- Bill Huber reports that the Jets could make an offer to Packers free agent OLB Nick Perry at some point Wednesday.
- Vaughn McClure names Bills free agent FB Jerome Felton as a player to watch for the Falcons since he lives in Atlanta during the offseason.
- Jeremy Fowler of ESPN writes “there’s a chance” for the Steelers to re-sign one of either LB Lawrence Timmons or QB Jarvis Landry at some point this week. However, the possibility also exists that both of them could reach free agency.
- Although the team is intrigued by Bengals CB Dre Kirkpatrick, Fowler believes the Steelers move on from him if he demands a contract around $10 million per year. Steelers like Kirkpatrick’s skillset, but Fowler adds that Pittsburgh usually does not sign free agents for more than $5 million annually.
- As for the Steelers’ other free agents, Fowler writes that “nothing’s happening” with RB DeAngelo Williams, WR Markus Wheaton and LB Jarvis Jones.