- Browns HC Hue Jackson made it clear that LT Joe Thomas “is not going anywhere” before adding: “We have the best left tackle in the league.” (Mary Kay Cabot)
- Jackson said he’s talked to Robert Griffin III about possibility of taking quarterback at No. 2 overall: “The cream always rises to the top.” (Mary Kay Cabot)
- Jackson did say that RGIII took responsibility for how his tenure in Washington ended. (Ian Rapoport)
- Jackson acknowledged “it’s a possibility” someone else will sign Griffin before they do: “[W]e’re going to stay true to our process.” (Mary Kay Cabot)
- Jackson also explained that RGIII “was and is a tremendous player and sometimes things just don’t work out.” (Tom Pelissero)
- Jackson said wide receiver an area they’ll need to address at some point while adding that he wants bigger, stronger, and faster guys. (Nate Ulrich)
- Jackson mentioned that he plans to spend extra time with five or six quarterback prospects before the draft. (Tom Pelissero)
- Jackson plans to attend Carson Wentz‘s Pro Day on Thursday. He said Wentz “looks the part” and he isn’t concerned about level of competition for him. (Mary Kay Cabot)
- Jackson also mentioned that he’s “spent quite a bit of time with (Jared Goff) and his family.” (Mary Kay Cabot)
- Jets HC Todd Bowles told reporters that they have discussed an internal deadline to get an answer from Ryan Fitzpatrick, but “right now, we’re not close to that.” (Mike Garafolo)
- Bowles offered a lukewarm assessment of LT D’Brickashaw Ferguson: “Right now, he’s on our team.” (Rich Cimini)
- Bowles said there is a chance the Jets could play more 4-3 this year, but it will depend on their game plan each week. (Brian Costello)
- Titans HC Mike Mularkey told reporters that they’ve already received some exploratory interest from other teams regarding their No. 1 overall pick. (Jim Thomas)
Looking for the latest NFL Insider News & Rumors?
Be sure to follow NFL Trade Rumors on TWITTER and FACEBOOK for breaking NFL News and Rumors for all 32 teams!