- Chargers HC Anthony Lynn said Monday that finding a kicker is a “top priority” for them this offseason.
Colts owner Jim Irsay promised that QB Andrew Luck will be ready for the start of the 2018 season, despite the shoulder issues that cost him the entire 2017 season.
Irsay added that Luck has a “107-degree fever toward success right now.”
“I mean, you guys don’t know the fire that’s burning in No. 12’s eyes,” Irsay said. “You don’t know what type of fever he has for success right now. I mean, it’s 107-degree fever toward success right now, and the intensity he has. You put him on that field … and all of a sudden you put an Edgerrin James type of player maybe that’s bigger, faster and stronger and let this man continue the job that he’s already begun to do.”
- Irsay indicated that they may have interest in using a high draft pick on a running back this year: “You put (Andrew Luck) on that field, healed up, and you put an Edgerrin James — maybe that’s bigger, faster, stronger — … this is going to be a special place to be and a special place to play.” (Zak Keefer)
- Colts impending free agent Darius Butler said he would love to return to Indy. (Kevin Bowen)
- Ian Rapoport reports that Raiders assistant coaches were told they could begin seeking employment with other teams and get out of their contracts.
- Although, the Raiders reportedly told them they wouldn’t be fired until they hire their new head coach.
- Seahawks impending free agent Sheldon Richardson said the team has told him they want him back next year. (Curtis Crabtree)
- Seahawks DE Michael Bennett said Monday that he is “100 percent’’ committed to playing in 2018 and hopes to be back in Seattle: “Yeah I’m 100 percent committed. I think I’m in my prime. I want to play as long as I can. There are so many great players on this team and it’s a great organization.’’ (Seattle Times)
- According to Bob Condotta, impending free agent Jimmy Graham is “generally considered really unlikely” to re-sign with the Seahawks.
- To no surprise, Condotta doesn’t see RB Eddie Lacy returning next year after a terrible 2017 season.
Condotta could see S Bradley McDougald being a priority for Seattle in free agency, especially considering the uncertainty surrounding Kam Chancellor.
- Seahawks WR Paul Richardson figures to be one of the biggest beneficiaries of a limited group of free agents receivers. Condotta mentions that the Seahawks could allow him to test the open market.
- Condotta believes it would make sense to bring back CBs Byron Maxwell and DeShawn Shead along with restricted free agents CB Justin Coleman, RB Mike Davis and DE Dion Jordan.
- We have Richardson and Graham featured in our Top 25 – 2018 NFL Free Agents list