- According to Matt Maoicco, “all is quiet…for now” in regards to a potential trade involving 49ers QB Colin Kaepernick as of Monday morning.
- Meanwhile, Mike Silver reports that the Broncos are “holding firm” with their offer of a fourth-round pick for Kaepernick.
- Silver adds that there has been no movement with the Browns and the 49ers are currently “chilling.”
- During his introductory press conference, new Jets RB Matt Forte said that the Buccaneers, Cowboys, Patriots and Packers all showed interest in him. (Rich Cimini)
- However, Forte added that the Patriots and Packers had just “minor interest.” (Rich Cimini)
- Jeff Zrebiec of the Baltimore Sun writes if the Browns trade for 49ers QB Colin Kaepernick and the Cowboys pass on a quarterback at No. 4 overall, the a number of top defensive players could be off the board by the time the Ravens are on the clock.
- Zrebiec that the Ravens are clearly in the market for a safety.
- Zrebiec could still the Ravens showing interest in veteran CB Cary Williams as a depth option.
- Mike Jones of the Washington Post reports that are still waiting for word from CB Will Blackmon regarding the contract offer they extended him.
- A source with knowledge of the situation tells Jones that Blackmon would like to be back with the Redskins next year, but is reviewing all of his options at this point in time.
- According to Jones, Washington hasn’t made any real progress towards an agreement with OLB Junior Galette.
- Jones’ sources have said that Galette is looking for a one-year deal that would pay him in the $7 million to $9 million range.
- Sources have told Jones that there is concern about Chris Culliver and Kyshoen Jarrett‘s ability to fully recover by the start of the season.
- Jones believes the Redskins could elect to re-sign veteran S Dashon Goldson at a lower salary if he doesn’t secure a bigger deal on the open market.
- Washington has still yet to line up a visit with free agent S Reggie Nelson, despite making an inquiry last week.
- John Keim reports that as of Saturday, the Redskins had not contacted free agent S Eric Weddle.
Looking for the latest NFL Insider News & Rumors?
Be sure to follow NFL Trade Rumors on TWITTER and FACEBOOK for breaking NFL News and Rumors for all 32 teams!