Home 49ers NFL Rumors: Draft, 49ers, Cowboys, Patriots, Titans
- Tony Pauline reports that “it’s looking more and more” like Alabama’s Cam Robinson will be the first offensive tackles selected on Thursday.
- Pauline is hearing that the Colts and Redskins are both interested in Florida LB Jarrad Davis, and there has been buzz that he will end up being a top-20 pick.
- Florida S Marcus Maye has a “great” visit with the Cowboys last week and has a “ton of interest” from the Saints, Cardinals, and Patriots, according to Pauline.
- One scenario to watch, according to Peter Schrager, is for Thursday night is a team trading in the No. 25-32 range to select QB DeShone Kizer much like the Vikings did to get QB Teddy Bridgewater back in 2014.
- According to Schrager, the expected order for running backs to be selected on Thursday is: 1) Leonard Fournette, 2) Christian McCaffery, 3) Dalvin Cook.
- Schrager spoke with one NFL GM who mentioned that he would be “shocked” if Alabama CB Marlon Humphrey isn’t taken in the top 20 picks.
- Eric Galko reports that Missouri DE/OLB Charles Harris is rated higher on at least a few teams boards than Stanford’s Solomon Thomas. Galko adds that Thomas is considered to be a mid-first-round pick by some teams.
- Peter Schrager reports that the 49ers’ interest in UNC QB Mitch Trubisky has been real all along, but they’re willing to listen to offers from teams to trade up to No. 2 overall for Trubisky.
- According to Schrager, Stanford DL Solomon Thomas and LSU S Jamal Adams are also in play for the 49ers.
- Matt Miller’s theory as to why have the 49ers been linked to Trubisky is that they want to try to force the Browns to draft him at No. 1 overall.
- Tony Pauline has been told that the Cowboys have USC CB Adoree’ Jackson as a first-round target.
- Another name to watch for the Cowboys, according to Pauline, is Clemson CB Cordrea Tankersley, who could be a day two option for them.
- Tony Pauline reports that the feeling from his sources is that the Patriots will make a trade to get into the early or middle portion of round two.
- Pauline adds that New England could accomplish this by either trading CB Malcolm Butler or some other maneuver.
- The Patriots’ earliest pick right now is No. 72 overall.
- Peter Schrager reports that the Titans would listen to trade offers for their No. 5 overall pick.
- However, if the Titans hold onto the pick, Schrager mentions Alabama TE O.J. Howard and Ohio State CB Marshon Lattimore are both in the conversation.