- The Cowboys hosted Michigan State DL Malik McDowell, Alabama CB Marlon Humphrey, and Youngstown State DE Derek Rivers for pre-draft visits this week. (Todd Archer)
- The Steelers announced that they brought in Utah LB Pita Taumoepenu, Georgia Tech DE Francis Kallon, and Georgia Tech DE Patrick Gamble for visits on Wednesday.
- Florida State WR Travis Rudolph met with the Broncos on Tuesday. (Aaron Wilson)
- Villanova OT Brad Seaton is visiting with the Titans Wednesday and has previously met with the Texans and worked out for the Patriots. (Aaron Wilson)
- Houston CB Brandon Wilson has worked out for the Patriots, Lions, Dolphins, Falcons, Rams, and Giants. He has also visited with the Bengals, Raiders, Patriots, and Lions. (Aaron Wilson)
- Miami WR Stacy Coley is visiting the Lions on Wednesday. (Ian Rapoport)
- John Mullin of CSN Chicago writes that the Bears have done “some of the most exhaustive research and evaluations in recent memory” on multiple quarterback prospects including DeShone Kizer, Patrick Mahomes, and Deshaun Watson.
- With this in mind, Mullin expects the Bears to use their No. 3 overall pick on the position and specifically views Watson as the guy to watch.
- Regarding the talk of the Bears possibly taking a quarterback in round one, an NFL executive tells Matt Miller: “If you believe the Bears want a QB (at 3), I got a bridge in Arizona for you.”
- Browns executive Sashi Brown told reporters on Wednesday that they’ve received calls about trading the No. 1 overall pick, but they haven’t decided if they’ll stick with where they are and use it. (Scott Petrak)
- According to Ian Rapoport, one team called the Browns about trading up for a quarterback.
- Brown added that they feel really good picking at No. 1. (Nate Ulrich)
- Brown mentioned that he looks forward to Brock Osweiler competing for the starting job this summer, which comes in contrast to the talk of them trying to trade him. (Conor Orr)
- In regards to the talk of a split within the organization, Brown called it a “false” perception. (Mary Kay Cabot)
- Brown said he would be surprised if they trade far down board again this year from No. 1 overall: “The need to continue acquiring high value picks is less intense this year.” (Mary Kay Cabot)
- Browns says they’ve narrowed their options at No. 1 overall: “We’ve narrowed it down. We feel good about where we are.’‘ (Mary Kay Cabot)
- According to Brown, they’re open to trading back into round one if the right opportunity presents itself: “Open to it. Positioned to do it. Don’t want to make a habit of it.” (Mary Kay Cabot)
- Brown added that he doesn’t envision them trading for a veteran quarterback. (Nate Ulrich)
- Buccaneers GM Jason Licht told reporters that “what Doug (Martin) is going through is trying to make this football team.” (Greg Auman)
Looking for the latest NFL Insider News & Rumors?
Be sure to follow NFL Trade Rumors on TWITTER and FACEBOOK for breaking NFL News and Rumors for all 32 teams!