- Jason La Canfora reports that the Cardinals were willing to offer Mathieu around $9 million per year before he was cut and teams around the NFL expect he wants to earn more than that figure on the open market.
- Rick Stroud does not believe the Buccaneers will be in the market for former Cardinals S Tyrann Mathieu, who he expects to receive “lucrative offers” from interested teams.
- Although John McClain believes the Texans will show interest in Mathieu, he expects Houston to sign a safety at a “reasonable cost.” This was before McClain reported that the Texans are “seriously interested” Mathieu along with a number of other teams (NFLTR)
- Mike Freeman reports that interest in free agent DT Ndamukong Suh isn’t extensive because he wants a “sh—load of money” and teams have finally learned Suh isn’t worth a lot of money because he takes too many plays off.
- According to Bob Condotta of the Seattle Times, court records show that free agent CB Jeremy Lane has been formally charged with DUI in connection with a January arrest. Condotta adds that Lane has an arraignment scheduled for March 26.
- Free agent QB Matt Moore is still in discussions with “several teams” but has yet to schedule a visit with the Bills. (Sal Capaccio)
- Michael Giardi reports that Patriots free agent LB Marquis Flowers has taken a number of calls from teams and while he’s not going to break the bank, he’s still in line to get more than New England appears to be willing to pay.
- Bears LB Sam Acho said the Seahawks, Texans, and Rams also expressed interest in him before he decided to re-sign with Chicago. (Jeff Dickerson)
- Michael Gehlken reports that the Raiders are interested in former Chargers DT Tenny Palepoi.
- Terez A. Paylor reports that the Chiefs will be working out Kansas State WR Byron Pringle on Wednesday.
- The Saints are hosting UTEP G Will Hernandez for a visit. (Josh Norris)
- According to Tony Pauline of Draft Analyst, Bengals DC Teryl Austin put Arizona DB Dane Cruikshank through a “grueling set” of position drills and spent “extensive” time speaking with him.
- Tennessee State CB Terrell Bonds is set to visit the Dolphins and Titans for their local Pro Days, while he is also drawing interest from the Panthers and Redskins.
- Middle Tennessee WR/Return specialist Richie James has completed interviews with the interviewed with the Bengals, Titans, 49ers and Jaguars.
- The Eagles, Jets, and Bengals were on-hand to watch Fort Hays State DL Nathan Shepherd at his Pro Day, while Pauline is told that the Ravens and Lions are “very interested” in him.
- Old Dominion RB Ray Lawry was worked out by the Chargers and also met with the Jaguars at his Pro Day.
- Pauline reports that Wake Forest S Jessie Bates III was seen meeting with Steelers GM Kevin Colbert and HC Mike Tomlin over dinner Tuesday night.
- James Palmer expects Broncos GM John Elway and HC Vance Joseph to attend UCLA’s Pro Day on Thursday to observe QB Josh Rosen.