- West Virginia QB Will Grier could be a late first-round pick and isn’t expected to drop beyond the middle of the second round, according to Tony Pauline.
- Pauline lists the Patriots, Giants and Panthers as potential landing spots for Grier.
- Albert Breer reports that some teams have Ole Miss WR D.K. Metcalf as the third receiver in this year’s class.
- In fact, Breer says he’s spoken to a good number of respected evaluators who actually prefer Metcalf’s Ole Miss teammate, A.J. Brown, to him.
- Breer says there’s “a lot of love out there” for Oklahoma WR Hollywood Brown.
- Breer adds that Arizona State’s N’Keal Harry is a wild card to watch at the receiver position.
- Bleacher Report’s Matt Miller says he’s hearing a decent amount of buzz that Houston DT Ed Oliver will be a top-five pick.
- Pauline says Ole Miss TE Dawson Knox could be the fourth tight end taken, landing in the early second round ahead of Texas A&M’s Jace Sternberger.
- Pauline mentions the Lions and Jaguars as the top candidates, with Knox’s other workouts including the Cowboys, Bills, Saints and Titans.
- Pauline writes that teams believe UNC-Charlotte OL Nate Davis could be a quick starter, with the Jaguars and Panthers the “hottest” for Davis.
- UCF DT Trysten Hill could be a top-60 pick, according to Pauline, and a great fit with the Cowboys. He’s also visited the Rams, Dolphins and Browns.
- Pauline reports the Colts and Seahawks have interest in TCU DE Ben Banogu in the second round.
- Pauline believes the Patriots, Bengals and Chiefs are the favorites for fast-rising BYU LB Sione Takitaki.
- Pauline says it’s not out of the question TCU LB Ty Summers, believed to be a late-round pick, lands in the fourth round with either the Colts, Titans or Ravens.
- Pauline believes the Colts, Cardinals and Chargers are leading the charge for Maryland S Darnell Savage.
- Notre Dame DT Jerry Tillery was cleared for participation in football activities in early July following his March 6 shoulder surgery. (Ian Rapoport)
- The Broncos, Chiefs, Eagles and Colts all hosted Tillery for visits. (Rapoport)
- Maryland S Darnell Savage could sneak into the late first round. His 11 visits include the Panthers, Seahawks, Eagles, Rams and Steelers. (Rapoport)
Looking for the latest NFL Insider News & Rumors?
Be sure to follow NFL Trade Rumors on TWITTER and FACEBOOK for breaking NFL News and Rumors for all 32 teams!