According to Ian Rapoport, the Panthers have requested an interview with Bears assistant director of player personnel Champ Kelly for their general manager vacancy.
Albert Breer reports the Panthers are also interviewing Titans director of player personnel Monti Ossenfort today.
That brings the total for candidates the Panthers have scheduled or interviewed to 11.
- Former Giants GM Jerry Reese (Interviewed)
- Colts assistant GM Ed Dodds (Requested)
- Patriots director of player personnel Nick Caserio (Requested)
- Bills assistant GM Joe Schoen (Requested)
- Browns VP of Football Operations Kwesi Adofo-Mensah (Requested)
- Chiefs assistant director of player personnel Ryan Poles (Requested)
- Chiefs director of football administration Brandt Tilis (Requested)
- Bears assistant director of player personnel Champ Kelly (Requested)
- 49ers VP of player personnel Adam Peters (Requested)
- Saints VP/assistant GM of college personnel Jeff Ireland (Requested)
- Titans director of player personnel Monti Ossenfort (Interviewed)
- Seahawks VP of football operations Scott Fitterer
Kelly began working for the Broncos as a regional college scout in 2007 and eventually worked his way up to assistant director of pro personnel in 2011. He left the Broncos to join the Bears as their director of pro scouting in 2015.
Ossenfort spent 14 years with the Patriots before joining the Titans as the director of player personnel. He got his start in New England as an area scout before moving up the ranks to national scout and assistant director of college scouting. He was promoted to college scouting director in 2016.
We’ll have more regarding the Panthers GM search as the news is available.