We will have more updates posted here throughout the day so be sure to check back.
- Free agent CB Eric Wright reportedly spent Thursday meeting with the 49ers. (NFLTR)
- The talk of Vernon Davis converting to wide receiver has been overblown. Davis has only ran a “handful of routes with the wide receivers.” (CSN Bay Area)
- 49ers believe fourth-round RB Marcus Lattimore could practice fully by midyear. (SI.com)
- WR A.J. Jenkins is dealing with a hamstring strain. (CSN Bay Area)
- First-round pick FS Eric Reid has gotten off to a “solid start” at training camp and is the front-runner to start. (CSN Bay Area)
- Free agent WR Lavelle Hawkins will work out for the 49ers on Thursday. (CSN Bay Area)
- Bears are expected to sign TE Leonard Pope if he passing his physical. (Brad Biggs)
- Bears waived K Austin Signor. (Brad Biggs)
- Bears waived TE Brody Eldridge.
- Bears signed LB Andrew Starks.
- WR A.J. Green is expected to miss the Bengals’ preseason opener. (Cincinnati Enquirer)
- RB BenJarvus Green-Ellis is still listed as the starting RB on their unofficial depth chart. (Cincinnati Enquirer)
- WR Mohamed Sanu is listed as the starting WR opposite A.J. Green on their unofficial depth chart. (Geoff Hobson)
- S George Iloka is listed as the Bengals’ starting strong safety on the team’s unofficial depth chart. (Geoff Hobson)
- The Bengals intend to use first-round pick TE Tyler Eifert “like a receiver” in two tight end sets with Jermaine Gresham. (Associated Press)
- GM Doug Whaley mentioned first-round pick QB E.J. Manuel has that “it” factor. (NFL.com)
- Broncos have had contract extension discussions with P Britton Colquitt. (Denver Post)
- S Duke Ihenacho has seen time with the Broncos’ first-team defense. (Denver Post)
- Rookie QB Mike Glennon is listed as the Bucs’ No. 2 quarterback. (ESPN.com)
- The Buccaneers have Luke Stocker listed as the starting tight end. (ESPN.com)
- Leonard Johnson is listed as the starting corner opposite Darrelle Revis on the team’s unofficial depth chart. (ESPN.com)
- Chargers activated S Brandon Taylor from the active/PUP list.
- HC Chuck Pagano mentioned that WR Darrius Heyward-Bey has put together back-to-back “really good days” since dealing with a case of the drops. (Pro Football Talk)
- QB Tony Romo isn’t expected to play in Sunday’s preseason opener versus the Dolphins. (Ed Werder)
- G Nate Livings will undergo a second surgery on his right knee and is expected to be out for 2-4 weeks. (ESPN Dallas)
- LT Jonathan Martin has reportedly had a tough camp and has been getting “owned” by DE Olivier Vernon. (Miami Herald)
- CB Brandon Boykin is reportedly having the best training camp of all the Eagles’ corners. (CSN Philly)
- GM Thomas Dimitroff would completely rule out the idea adding DT Richard Seymour at some point. (NFLTR)
- RB Steven Jackson “even looks explosive at half speed.” (Atlanta Journal-Constitution)
- WR Hakeem Nicks believes sitting out of Giants training camp while dealing with what he referred to as a “tight” groin is the “smart” thing to do. (New York Daily News)
- WR Rueben Randle has been the No. 1 star of Giants training camp so far. (New York Daily News)
- First-round pick OL Justin Pugh is dealing with headaches following a concussion he suffered during Thursday’s practice. (Ralph Vacchiano)
- Jaguars claimed LS Luke Ingram off waivers.
- The Jets believe Chris Ivory can become a three-down back. (New York Daily News)
- The Jets have been limiting TE Kellen Winslow‘s reps. (Newark Star-Ledger)
- WR Randall Cobb has had his share of drops during the first week of training camp, but the team isn’t concerned about it. (Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel)
- RB James Starks has been “outstanding” during training camp. (ESPN.com)
- Fourth-round pick G/T David Bakhtiari is in the mix for the starting right tackle job. (Green Bay Press-Gazette)
- HC Ron Rivera mentioned that WR Armanti Edwards has a “real chance” to be the No. 3 receiver. (Jonathan Jones)
- Panthers sign G Chris Scott and claim S Ricardo Silva off waivers from Lions.
- Panthers waived/injured DT Linden Gaydosh.
- Shane Vereen has taken training camp reps both at slot receiver and outside receiver in addition to running back. (Boston Herald)
- WR Julian Edelman has been seeing with the first- and second-team offenses. (Boston Globe)
- Patriots signed G Luke Patterson and OT Bryce Schwab.
- Raiders signed K Sebastian Janikowski to a four-year, $15.2 million extension. (NFLTR)
- Second-round pick OT Menelik Watson hasn’t practiced due to an undisclosed injury. (CSN Bay Area)
- LB Kevin Burnett has a “firm grip” on the Raiders’ weak-side linebacker job. (CSN Bay Area)
- HC Dennis Allen mentioned that former RB Taiwan Jones‘ transition to cornerback has been “difficult” so far. (Contra Costa Times)
- CB Asa Jackson has been suspended 8 games without pay for violating NFL’s PED policy. (Jeff Zrebiec)
- The Saints have been using first-round pick S Kenny Vaccaro and FS Malcolm Jenkins as their primary nickel cornerbacks in training camp. (New Orleans Times-Picayune)
- WR Golden Tate has been the Seahawks’ “most impressive player in training camp so far.” (Seattle Times)
- HC Pete Carroll is hopeful that RB Robert Turbin can come off the active/PUP list next week. (Seattle Times)
- G James Carpenter is reportedly in the “absolute best shape” of his career. (ESPN 710 Seattle)
- Seahawks waived/injured DE Kenneth Boatright.
- CB Cortez Allen will miss at least “a couple of weeks” after undergoing a minor surgery on his right knee.
- HC Leslie Frazier mentioned that it’s unlikely that Erin Henderson will be moved to outside linebacker. (St. Paul Pioneer Press)