- Thayer Evans reports that the Bears are adding former Rutgers offensive coordinator and QBs coach Ben McDaniels to their offensive staff.
- Cowboys WR Terrance Williams and S J.J. Wilcox both earned proven performance escalators based on the percent of the offensive and defensive snaps they played in 2015. (Todd Archer)
Adam Beasley of the Miami Herald takes a look at 10 moves the Dolphins could make to improve their cap situation heading into free agency.
- Beasley writes that it’s not a “matter of if, but when” the Dolphins cut DE Quinton Coples and pick up $7,751,000 in available cap space.
- Beasley considers it an inevitability that Miami will restructure DT Ndamukong Suh’s contract and reduce his 2016 cap figure from $28.6 million to close to $10.5 million.
- According to Beasley, it’s not unthinkable that the Dolphins could cut DE Cameron Wake if he doesn’t agree to a pay cut.
- Another player who could be asked to reduce his 2016 salary is CB Brent Grimes, according to Beasley.
- Waiving Dion Jordan, who was suspended for 2015, would save the Dolphins around $3 million in cap space.
- Other potential moves include cutting TE Jordan Cameron, WR Greg Jennings, CB Jamar Taylor, CB Brice McCain and LB Koa Misi.