- According to Sal Capaccio, the Bills have a practice squad exemption for RB Christian Wade as an International Pathway player and can carry him all season as an eleventh member of the practice squad without fear of him being poached by another team.
- If the Bills want to potentially activate Wade to the active roster on the year, they must carry him as one of their 10 regular practice squad members, which leaves him open to being signed to another team’s roster.
- The Bills can also keep Wade on their final 53-man roster.
- Bills seventh-round TE Tommy Sweeney “hasn’t blinked” since being put with the first-team offense due to injuries at tight end, per HC Sean McDermott: “You don’t have to coach him up 4 or 5 times, he usually gets it the first time.” (Marcel Louis-Jacques)
- The Bills have no update on C Mitch Morse, who remains in the concussion protocol. (Louis-Jacques)
- Bills third-round TE Dawson Knox returned to practice from his hamstring injury. (Joe Buscaglia)
- Per Adam Beasley of the Miami Herald, Dolphins QB Ryan Fitzpatrick will start the team’s third preseason game, however, that doesn’t necessarily mean he will be the team’s starter in Week 1: “I know this is the third preseason game and the thought is this is the dress rehearsal game…But every game is important to me.”
- Flores adds the team has set its starting five on the offensive line: LT Laremy Tunsil, LG Michael Deiter, C Daniel Kilgore, RG Deion Calhoun, RT Jesse Davis. (Armando Salguero)
- While Dolphins RB Mark Walton will have all but one charge dropped and serve as little as three months probation, the NFL has not ruled out potentially suspending him for his three arrests in three months this offseason. (Adam Beasley)
Jets C Ryan Kalil practiced in full for the first time Sunday night after being signed out of retirement. Kalil says he’s still working his way back into football shape, but the biggest thing holding him back is having to learn an entirely new playbook after leaving Carolina.
“We talked about it early on and we’ve just been communicating day by day,” Kalil said via Mollie Walker of the New York Post. “And I felt like I was ready to start getting out on team reps. It’s hard to play when you don’t know the plays, when you don’t know the calls especially. But all plays I’ve done before, all the calls I’ve done before. They’re just all different terms, all different code names so they don’t have a Rosetta Stone for this. It’s just like learning a new language.”
- SNY’s Ralph Vacchiano lists several options for the Jets at kicker who are either free agents, possible cuts or available for trade, including free agent Matt Bryant, Buccaneers K Cairo Santos, free agent Matthew McCrane, Bears K Eddy Pineiro and Browns K Austin Seibert.
- Jets HC Adam Gase says that “right now” K Taylor Bertolet is still the team’s starter and there are no plans to bring in another kicker. (Vachianno)
- Gase said he regrets keeping LB Avery Williamson in longer than other starters during the team’s second preseason game. Williamson tore his ACL and is out for the year. (Manish Mehta)
- The Jets are targeting Week 1 for a return for CB Trumaine Johnson from his hamstring injury. (Connor Hughes)
- Jets CB Kyron Brown is week-to-week with his hamstring injury and CB Arthur Maulet is day-to-day.