- In a radio interview on WGGR 550, Bills GM Brandon Beane said the team planned to keep restricted free agent WR Isaiah McKenzie, along with exclusive rights free agents CB Levi Wallace, TE Jason Croom and WR Robert Foster.
- In addition to promoting DC Leslie Frazier to assistant head coach, the Bills also named Marc Lubick assistant WR coach/game management specialist, Jimmy Salgado as nickel coach, Shea Tierney as assistant QB coach and Ryan Wendell as assistant OL coach. (Twitter)
- Barry Jackson of the Miami Herald mentions that the Dolphins giving Alabama QB Tua Tagovailoa “the cold shoulder” during their meeting “should not” be interpreted as Miami’s interest declining.
- Jackson’s source tells him the Dolphins typically operate that way with numerous prospects during interviews in order to avoid hinting their draft plans.
- Jackson also notes that agent Drew Rosenhaus mentioned during a TV segment that he “fully expects” the Dolphins to trade up for Tagovailoa: “Everyone I talk to fully expects the Dolphins to move up to as high as they can to get a quarterback. Clearly that QB is Tua Tagovailoa. They’re not going to get Joe Burrow.”
- Ralph Vacchiano of SNY reports that the Jets have shown “some interest” in Cowboys CB Byron Jones and Panthers CB James Bradberry and his sources indicate that New York may be willing to spend “big money” on Bradberry.
- Even so, Vacchiano’s sources have said that the Jets would still not be the favorites to land Bradberry, even if they are willing to spend around $15 million per year for him.
- According to Vacchiano, his sources expect the Eagles to land Jones with Bradberry likely signing by the Redskins.
- While the Jets showed interested in Broncos free-agent CB Chris Harris Jr. at the NFL Combine, an NFL source tells Vacchiano that at least half the teams in the NFL have expressed some level of interest in in the veteran cornerback last week.
- As for the possibility of New York re-signing WR Robby Anderson, Vacchiano reports that some believe his market won’t be as robust as expected and the Jets are hopeful his price drops down to $10 million annually.
- Vacchiano writes that the depth of talent in the 2020 NFL Draft at Anderson’s position could affect his demand with “20-25 receivers” possibly going within the first three rounds.
- Vacchiano also reports that the Jets are expected to be interested in Rams OLB Dante Fowler and have “had their eyes on him” since when he was on the Jaguars.
- Vacchiano says Fowler expects to receive a contract in the $17-18 million range this offseason.
- Jets QB Trevor Siemian was given a clean bill of health from the ankle injury that ended his 2019 season. Siemian will be a free agent this offseason. (Tom Pelissero)
- According to NFL Media’s Michael Giardi, the Patriots would like to re-sign S Devin McCourty as well after picking up his brother CB Jason McCourty‘s 2020 option.
- Giardi also confirms that Patriots QB Tom Brady and HC Bill Belichick did have a phone conversation, though he didn’t know the tenor. He did note the market for Brady isn’t as strong as it’s being portrayed, which is why there could be leaks connecting Brady to teams like the 49ers.
- Patriots WR Mohamed Sanu underwent successful ankle surgery on Tuesday. (Giardi)
Looking for the latest NFL Insider News & Rumors?
Be sure to follow NFL Trade Rumors on TWITTER and FACEBOOK for breaking NFL News and Rumors for all 32 teams!