- During an appearance on “First Take” Wednesday, Bills RB LeSean McCoy said he was benched for the start of Week 16’s game because he was late for the team bus to the game. (Mike Rodak)
- McCoy reiterated that he had “nothing to do with” the July 10 home invasion in which his ex-girlfriend was injured, but said the NFL’s investigation into the matter is ongoing. (Mike Rodak)
Bills GM Brandon Beane says it’s good to no longer be in the market for a starting quarterback.
“It’s better,” Beane said, via Pro Football Talk. “It’s a stressful thing to do and go through — just the uncertainty. Last year we were sitting here at 21 and 22, and you’re going, ‘man there are some good guys out there, but how do you get up in the top ten and how far do you have to go.’ It’s weird — this year we’re in the top ten and we don’t need to be. It’s funny how it all works out. It’s nice to be able to focus a little bit more of our energy on all the positions.”
- Bills DT Kyle Williams said there isn’t any thought of him returning for the 2019 season and he plans to follow through on his retirement: “No. I make a decision, I’ve got to go with it, especially the way things went down, the way organization treated me, the way the fans showed up to support me. You couldn’t dream about coming back and trying to replicate that. That was such a great day. It’s something I’ll remember forever.” (Mike Rodak)
- Armando Salguero identifies CB Xavien Howard as an extension candidate for Miami this offseason. Howard, 26, has one year left on his deal at $1.95 million. Salguero expects his eventual extension to be in the neighborhood of $15 million per year.
- The Miami Dolphins will meet with QB prospects at the Senior Bowl including Drew Lock, Jarrett Stidham, Daniel Jones, and Will Grier this week. (Armando Salguero)