- The Bills have met with Virginia Tech OL Yosuah Nijman and Penn State DL Kevin Givens at the NFL Combine. (Sal Capaccio)
- Tony Pauline, citing multiple sources, reports that the Dolphins are interested in Patriots’ impending free-agent DL Trey Flowers, but “by no means” is it a done deal for him to sign with Miami.
- Houston DL Ed Oliver said he met with the Dolphins at the NFL Combine and feels like he is “definitely” the best defensive lineman available: “I feel like I’m definitely the best dlinemen.” (Aaron Wilson)
- Darryl Slater of NJ Advance Media believes the Jets’ 3-4 defense under new DC Gregg Williams “bodes well” for OLB Brandon Copeland possibly being re-signed since he is a pass-rushing specialist that fits best as an outside linebacker. Although Slater mentions that Copeland is expected to have demand on the open market, the Jets have “expressed interest” in re-signing him.
- Regarding Jets WR Jermaine Kearse‘s impending free agency, Slater says New York has yet to meet with Kearse’s representation.
- As for Jets CB Buster Skrine‘s expiring contract, Slater isn’t ruling out a possible extension since there have been “preliminary” contract negotiations between the two parties.
- Pro Football Talk reports that the Jets will not tender an offer to restricted free-agent TE Clive Walford, making him an unrestricted free agent.
- The Jets are scheduled to meet with Ohio State DE Nick Bosa on Saturday night. (Ralph Vacchiano)
Former Patriots TE Dwayne Allen said he spoke with HC Bill Belichick last night and the “feelings were mutual” about his involvement in the offense, which led to Allen’s release.
“Spoke with coach last night. He communicated the team’s standpoint of things. I communicated my feelings. Then I hung up the phone. The feelings were mutual about my involvement. It’s just about getting the numbers to work on both sides,” said Allen, via Josina Anderson.
Regarding the possibility of returning to the Patriots, Allen said “we’ll see” and that there is a “lot of football left in me.”
“We’ll see. We’ll see. This is the business of football. I have a lot of football left in me,” said Allen, via Anderson.
- Ben Volin reports that Patriots’ impending free-agent WR Phillip Dorsett should have a “strong market” this offseason with teams being high on him as a “mid-tier” No. 2 receiver.
- Boston College DT Zach Allen said he met with the Patriots and “wouldn’t mind” continuing to play in Massachusetts. (Karen Guregian)
- The Patriots scheduled a formal meeting with Ohio State DT Dre’Mont Jones. (Kevin Duffy)