- Browns placed TE David Njoku on injured reserve. (NFLTR)
- Browns claimed S Juston Burris off waivers from the Raiders.
- Browns promoted CB Robert Jackson to their active roster. (NFLTR)
- Browns signed CB Donnie Lewis Jr. to their practice squad.
- The Browns officially ruled out LB Christian Kirksey (chest), T Kendall Lamm (knee), TE David Njoku (concussion, wrist), S Damarious Randall (concussion) for Week 3’s game and list S Morgan Burnett (quadricep), WR Rashard Higgins (knee), T Christopher Hubbard (foot), S Sheldrick Redwine (hamstring), DE Chris Smith (not injury related), LB Adarius Taylor (ankle), CB Denzel Ward (hamstring), CB Greedy Williams (hamstring) as questionable.
- Ravens HC John Harbaugh said of CB Jimmy Smith, who is out with knee injury: “He’s doing well. I think it’s very positive. You can’t say for sure. He hasn’t run yet. But he’s close to that. It sounds like he’s on schedule, quote unquote. We’ll know more probably in the next two weeks.” (Jamison Hensley)
- Regarding the team’s reported trade interest in Jaguars CB Jalen Ramsey, Harbaugh said: “I don’t know anything about that. Obviously, you can’t and would never comment on another player on another team. I’m like fans. I read it and it has a little interest because somebody gets traded to a team we’re playing or away from a team we play, that matters to us. If we’re ever involved with one of those, then it really matters to us.” (Jamison Hensley)
“Hallelujah!” Butler said, via PennLive.com. “That’s what went through my mind. That’s exactly what went through my mind, I’m tellin’ ya.”
“I’m glad we got him, we needed him,” Butler added. “Watch him in practice, y’all see the same thing I do, that dude can move.”
- Steelers rookie WR Diontae Johnson said that the coaching staff has told him he’s the starter for Sunday’s game against the 49ers and from here on out: “I’m just trying to do what I can, now that I’m getting the offense right now and starting. Just trying to continue to show the coaches that I know what I’m doing and getting ready for Sunday.” (Josh Rowntree)
- The Steelers officially ruled out LB Anthony Chickillo (foot), RB Roosevelt Nix (knee), and LB Vince Williams (hamstring) for Week 3’s game.