Dehner Jr reports that the swelling in Green’s foot has made it so they are undertaking further reviews. As of now, there’s nothing definitive regarding Green’s status.
- The Cleveland Browns announced Wednesday that former QB Ryan Lindley has been named their new RBs coach.
- The Browns worked out G David Bright on Tuesday. (Howard Balzer)
New Ravens RB Ty Montgomery says he’s looking forward to putting what happened in the past week while a member of the Packers behind him.
“I don’t know if I was hoping for a fresh start,” Montgomery said, via BaltimoreRavens.com. “I will say I was ready to put all of that in the past. … I don’t want to be rude. I don’t even want to talk about it anymore. If anybody is concerned, my family is safe. I’m not worried about anything.”
- Ravens HC John Harbaugh said that they’re hoping to re-sign LB Albert McClellan in next day or two. (Jeff Zrebiec)
- Ravens OLB Tim Williams was seen sporting a walking boot on Wednesday. (Jeff Zrebiec)
- The Ravens worked out LB Ejuan Price this week. (Howard Balzer)
Regarding the Steelers not acquiring any players at the trade deadline, HC Mike Tomlin said the organization believes in developing “homegrown talent.”
“We believe in homegrown talent,” Tomlin said, via Ed Bouchette of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. “We invest time and resources into development of players, players buy into what we’re selling and work their tails off to improve and be reasons why we’re successful. I think it’s difficult to walk away from relationships when people are invested. We’re invested, the players are invested.”