- A league source tells Ben Volin of the Boston Globe that he believes this is the year Patriots OC Josh McDaniels agrees to take a head-coaching job.
- Both Volin and his source agree that the Colts seem like the best fit for McDaniels, especially if Andrew Luck’s shoulder is okay.
- Brian Costello of the New York Post takes a look at some of the big-name free agents the Jets should consider making a run at if available this March.
- To start, Costello mentions that New York could have around $100 million in available cap space to work with this offseason if they release DE Muhammad Wilkerson and RB Matt Forte.
- Costello writes that it would be “usual” for the Jets to make a big splash and pay Kirk Cousins $25 million or more per year as part of a long-term term, given that they’re typically more conservative.
- At the running back position, Costello lists Carlos Hyde, Dion Lewis and Isaiah Crowell as possible free agent targets the Jets could consider.
- Costello believes the Jets still need a “gamebreaker” at receiver to go along with their young core and lists Jarvis Landry, Allen Robinson, and Sammy Watkins are a few names to watch.
- If Jets want to consider upgrading from TE Austin Seferian-Jenkins, Costello suggests Jimmy Graham and Tyler Eifert as two worth paying attention.
- Regarding the offensive line, Costello insists that the team will likely look towards the draft since the free agent market will be relatively weak. However, he could see the Jets signing C Weston Richburg of the Giants if Jets C Wes Johnson elects to enter the open market.
- Costello suggests Aldon Smith, Ezekiel Ansah, and Barkevious Mingo as three pass-rushers that could make sense for the Jets.
- Lastly, Costello has Trumaine Johnson, Malcolm Butler, Davon House and Patrick Robinson as four cornerbacks that could help to round out their cornerback depth.
- We have most of these players featured in our Top 100 – 2018 NFL Free Agents list.
Looking for the latest NFL Insider News & Rumors?
Be sure to follow NFL Trade Rumors on TWITTER and FACEBOOK for breaking NFL News and Rumors for all 32 teams!