- The Bills are scheduled to work out and meet with Memphis LB Curtis Akins. (Matthew Fairburn)
- Utah DB Corrion Ballard has a visit lined up with the Bills. (Aaron Wilson)
- According to Tony Pauline of Draft Analyst, the Bills attended Ole Miss’ Pro Day this week.
- Mississippi WR DaMarkus Lodge met with the Bills’ wide receivers coaches.
“I’m so excited about Devin,” Reich said, via the Indianapolis Star. “I mean, when I watch his tape, what I see is a big man who is really athletic. I like to talk about having route-running skill; this combination of having good feet, good instincts and good body control, and then what sometimes we refer to as body quickness … it helps you separate at the top of routes, it helps you get off versus press coverage. And Devin has all of that. And he’s got really good feet. I remember watching his tape coming out of college thinking, ‘This guy is a monster physically, and look at his feet. Watch the way this guy runs routes.’ I mean, I remember watching him coming out of college thinking this guy could play in the slot, the way he runs routes. He’s a big man, so the catch radius is massive.”
- With just four defensive ends on the Dolphins’ roster, Barry Jackson of the Miami Herald writes that the team is “intent” on drafting multiple defensive ends through the 2019 NFL Draft.
- Jackson mentions that the Dolphins are expected to draft players who can double as a defensive end and outside linebacker in their 3-4 base defense.
- According to Jackson, the Dolphins sent DL coach Marion Hobby to give a private workout to Louisiana Tech DL Jaylon Ferguson and he is among “a half dozen” first- and second-round pass rushers Miami is giving “serious consideration” to.
- Jackson notes that the Dolphins have scheduled official visits with TCU DE T.J. Collier and Old Dominion edge rusher Oshane Ximines.
- The Dolphins are also showing interest in Clemson DE Clelin Ferrell and FSU DE Brian Burns as first-round options.