On Wednesday, the Bills announced that they’ve agreed to a one-year extension with veteran LB Lorenzo Alexander.
Alexander told reporters that 2019 will likely be his final year in the NFL.
“If you ask me today this will be my last year,” Alexander said, per Sal Capaccio.
“The team wanted me back,” Alexander said of he decision re-sign with the Bills, per Capaccio. “They feel I’m an important part of the team from a leadership role….and for me it was important to get something done early….to know where I was going to be, my kids in school.”
- Jaguars HC Doug Marrone told reporters that the decision to hire John DeFilippo as offensive coordinator had “zero” to do with his connection to QB Nick Foles. (Phillip Heilman)
- According to Marrone, he had a meeting with RB Leonard Fournette last week: “I think he’s in a really good place.” (Daniel Popper)
- The Jacksonville Jaguars announced Wednesday that they’ve hired Terry Robiskie as RBs coach, George Warhop as OL coach, Jason Rebrovich as DL coach, David Merritt as assistant DL coach, Tim Walton as secondary/cornerbacks coach and Joe Danna as secondary/safeties coach.
- The Jaguars will retain retaining Scott Milanovich as their quarterbacks coach. (Phillip Heilman)
- Paul Kuharsky reports that Titans TEs coach Arthur Smith is among the candidates to replace Matt LaFleur as their offensive coordinator.