- Per the Athletic’s Nicki Jhabvala, Broncos HC Vic Fangio says injured reserve is still a possibility for CB Bryce Callahan, who’s expected to be out four to six more weeks following a non-surgical procedure on his foot.
- The injury is not a Lisfranc and surgery is still an option if it continues to not respond, according to Fangio.
- Pro Football Talk writes that the safest bet for Chargers RB Melvin Gordon is to report sometime between Week 5 and Week 6. That way, he can still play in eight games and progress his contract even if the Chargers use the three-week roster exemption on him.
- According to NFL Media’s Ian Rapoport, even if Gordon reports this week, he would not be ready in time to play Sunday against the Dolphins. The earliest he could play would be October 6 against the Broncos in Week 5.
- ESPN’s Josina Anderson says Gordon has moved up his reporting date to earlier than planned after sensing that the best way to showcase his value now is to play.
- Gordon has not yet told the team when he’s coming back, per Chargers HC Anthony Lynn: “I have not heard from Melvin. Right now, those are all hypotheticals. I’ll cross that bridge when it gets here, if he’s going to play, or going to travel. Right now my focus is on getting this team ready for Miami.” (Eric Williams)
- Dolphins HC Brian Flores confirmed QB Josh Rosen would start again this week, per Adam Beasley of the Miami Herald.
- Rosen is dealing with a minor elbow injury but still fully participated in practice. (Beasley)
- Flores said both Dolphins WR Albert Wilson and S Reshad Jones would return to practice this week, adding they’ll wait to see if either can play Sunday since they’ve been out for a while: “There might be a little bit of rust.” (Beasley)
- Jones told reporters he’s committed to the team and ready to play. He’s not asking for a trade: “If I wanted out I had a chance to make that known. I want to be here for the long-haul.” (Joe Schad)
- Flores told reporters OL Jesse Davis is feeling a lot healthier this week: “If he can get out there, he will. … That’s what you want out of your offensive line.” (Beasley)
- Dolphins CB Jomal Wiltz has already been ruled out until after the bye with a groin issue, while S Bobby McCain also missed practice Wednesday. (Barry Jackson)
- Dolphins G Danny Isidora will require surgery on his foot and is unlikely to be able to return from injured reserve. (Jackson)
- The Dolphins worked out WR Emanuel Hall, WR Andy Jones, WR Damoun Patterson, and WR DeAndre Thompkins on Tuesday. (Aaron Wilson)
- Of this group, Miami signed Jones to their practice squad.