- The Los Angeles Chargers officially downgraded K Michael Badgley to doubtful on Saturday.
- Jeff Miller mentions that Chargers K Ty Long will likely start for the Chargers in Week 3.
- Veteran free-agent ILB Brandon Marshall said the Raiders cut him because they “didn’t trust” his knee. (Nicki Jhabvala)
- Jhabvala notes that Marshall has been recovering from a knee injury over the past year and didn’t feel good until after the Raiders’ first preseason game.
- Eugene Frenette reports that the Ravens’ locker room was “buzzing” on Tuesday about a trade being finalized for Jaguars CB Jalen Ramsey.
- According to Frenette, the Ravens were reportedly offering the Jaguars first- and second-round picks plus TE Hayden Hurst for Ramsey, but it was ultimately turned down.
New Steelers QB Paxton Lynch has not quite had the career he was expecting when the Broncos took him in the first round in 2016. Pittsburgh is Lynch’s third NFL team after he was unable to beat out Geno Smith in Seattle for the backup job following his release from Denver in 2018.
“I never really had a big ego or felt like I needed to be humbled,” Lynch said via Chris Adamski of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, “But I have gotten a humbling.”
While Lynch is in a solid situation in Pittsburgh with the Steelers already down a quarterback, he’s on the practice squad for now in the spot Steelers QB Devlin Hodges occupied before being elevated to backup Mason Rudolph. Still, it’s better than being on the couch, which is where Lynch spent 2018 after Denver released him.
“It’s kind of a gut check,” Lynch said. “I am just kind of taking it in the chin, and that’s all I can do is move forward and keep my eyes up and keep my eyes ahead of what’s going to be. . . . Last year I was kind of working out and waiting for the call and never got one, so it feels good to get on a team and kind of get back in the rhythm of a season and go through week to week and get that preparation in. I am really excited for that, really excited.”