- CBS Sports analyst and former agent Joel Corry notes that Chiefs DT Chris Jones has $1.25 million in incentives each year for reaching 10 sacks.
- Because Jones had nine sacks last year for Kansas City, those incentives are considered not likely to be earned and don’t count against the cap.
- ESPN’s Adam Teicher lists Chiefs DE Breeland Speaks as a veteran player in danger of being cut this preseason.
- Josh Schrock of NBC Bay Area says that while CB Trayvon Mullen is entrenched as the starter at one cornerback position, veteran Prince Amukamara will likely start ahead of rookie Damon Arnette.
- Schrock adds that he expects Arnette to follow a similar path as Mullen did a season ago and will likely sit behind Amukamara before eventually earning the starting job, which Schrock says could come by Week 7.
- Despite the fact that defensive ends Clelin Ferrell and Maxx Crosby are the favorites to start over Carl Nassib, all three will play significant snaps in 2020, according to Schrock.
- A similar situation will occur at the defensive tackle positions, where Maliek Collins and Johnathan Hankins are projected to be starting, but will likely share snaps with Maurice Hurst.
- Schrock says the Raiders will open the season with Henry Ruggs, Tyrell Williams, and Hunter Renfrow as their starting receivers, but believes that Nelson Agholor will beat out Bryan Edwards and Zay Jones for the fourth spot.
- John McClain of the Houston Chronicle thinks Texans WR Kenny Stills has the best chance of staying healthy the entire season.
- However, Houston’s top four of Stills, Brandin Cooks, Will Fuller and Randall Cobb all have had a hard time staying healthy in recent seasons.