Dolphins Hall of Fame QB Dan Marino has been more involved in the team’s quarterback meetings, according to rookie Brandon Doughty.
“He’s been telling me I need to align to my throws, not fall off my throws,” Doughty said, via Barry Jackson of the Miami Herald. “I’m going to work on that the next five weeks, I guarantee you. I get to talk to him every single day. It’s pretty cool.
“Actually had a flashback; my mom sent me a picture of Halloween of me being Dan Marino. I showed him the other day. Dan has still got it. A lot of teams don’t have a guy like that, with that much knowledge, to pick his mind. We’re in a special spot.”
- Rich Cimini of ESPN writes that the Eagles have really made things difficult for the Jets with the contracts they handed out this offseason.
- Cimini specifically points to that two-year, $35 million contract signed by QB Sam Bradford and the recent six-year, $103 million contract given to DT Fletcher Cox as the two particular agreements impacting the Jets and their talks with Ryan Fitzpatrick and franchise DT Muhammad Wilkerson.
- In regards to Wilkerson, Cimini would be surprised to see him show up for training camp, especially when you consider he’s coming off of a broken leg and can’t be fined.
- Cimini mentions undrafted rookie OLB Deion Barnes as someone worth keeping an eye on this summer.
- According to John McClain of the Houston Chronicle, starting LT Duane Brown (Quad) is still rehabbing his injury and may not be ready until the start of the season.
- The Texans have Jeff Allen as their starting right guard and rookie Nick Martin is expected to be their starting center.
- Meanwhile, Xavier Su’a-Filo and Tony Bergstrom are competing for the left guard job.
- As for replacing DE Jared Crick, McClain mentions that Christian Covington, Devon Still and Brandon Dunn are all in the mix right now, but Still has reportedly impressed the coaching staff.