Dolphins HC Brian Flores has praised QB Josh Rosen‘s arm strength and leadership ability, but admits Rosen still has “a lot to learn” about their offense.
“He’s smart,” Flores said, via Joe Schad of the Palm Beach Post. “He’s got a big arm. He’s talented. He’s got some leadership ability. But he’s got a lot to learn. There’s no doubt about that. This offense, it’s not an easy one to learn. There’s something new every day. He’s improving, he’s getting better every day. I like that.”
Rosen feels he has played “much better” since being acquired by the Dolphins.
“I don’t know overall but I think much better than when I got here and better than yesterday,” Rosen said. “This is kind of the track. I couldn’t really give you a frame of reference but pretty good. Getting there.”
- Jason La Canfora reports that if/when the Jets hire Joe Douglas as their next GM, Daniel Jeremiah will not be a part of the team’s front office.
- According to La Canfora, it is possible former Ravens executive Phil Savage could join Douglas in New York.
- Jim Wyatt of the Titans’ official site notes that QB Marcus Mariota has put on “roughly 10 pounds,” which should help him stay healthy and play with “more confidence.”
- Wyatt writes that there has been “no buzz” about a possible trade for Texans DE Jadeveon Clowney.
- Regarding the Titans’ defensive line, Wyatt points out that the team is hoping DL Harold Landry, Kamalei Correa, and Sharif Finch will “step up” this season.
- As for Titans LB Rashaan Evans, Wyatt expects him to be more involved in the pass rush this season even if he is not lined up on the edge.
- Regarding the Titans’ running back rotation, Wyatt expects Derrick Henry to “get a lot of work’ this season, but Dion Lewis will continue having a role as a pass catcher.
- Wyatt mentions that Lewis “caught a ton of passes” during OTAs and could see Lewis being the target of “quick pitches and dump-offs” to get him in space.