- Colts GM Chris Ballard mentioned TE Jack Doyle had surgery on his hip and is expected to miss OTAs. (Andrew Walker)
- Ballard said the team has not fielded any calls for backup QB Jacoby Brissett. (Walker)
- The Colts would like to bring back S Clayton Geathers, according to Ballard. They will meet with his agent this week. (Walker)
- Ballard added the team likes upcoming free agents WR Dontrelle Inman and CB Pierre Desir, but could let them test the market. (Walker)
“I just see Leonard Fournette playing a major role in what we’re trying to get accomplished and being a workhorse for us and feeding him the ball and making sure he’s practicing as a three-down back,” Marron said via Pro Football Talk.
- Marrone added Fournette has also been at the team facilities working out, saying, “I feel like he’s in a good place.” (Daniel Popper)
- Marrone also sounds like he would prefer a veteran quarterback to a rookie in 2019: “I like it where the QB knows more and everyone else has to catch up.” (Popper)
- Per Marrone, QB Blake Bortles is still at the Jaguars’ facility almost every day: “He’s always been great,” Marrone said. “He’s handled everything like a professional from Day 1, and he knows I have a ton of respect for him.” (Popper)
- General manager Dave Caldwell says Bortles is still “in the mix” at quarterback. (Popper)
- Caldwell also said nothing has been decided on extensions for CB Jalen Ramsey or DE Yannick Ngakoue. (Phillip Heilman)
- Though the Jaguars declined TE Austin Seferian-Jenkins‘ option earlier this offseason, Caldwell says they could still bring him back. (Popper)
- Caldwell says of WR Marqise Lee and his recovery from injury that, “All indications are he’s trending in the right direction.” (Phillip Heilman)
- Caldwell said the Jaguars can be as aggressive as they want to be in free agency, and also have the flexibility to move up because of extra picks. (Popper)
“This is a tough rehab,” O’Brien said via Aaron Wilson. “There were some ups and downs with the rehab. He was rusty. He’s a good football player.”
- O’Brien said there was “no doubt” the team would like to have S Tyrann Mathieu back. (Wilson)
- O’Brien said the team loves WR Keke Coutee, but health has to be a priority: “Here’s a guy who has a bright, bright future, but we have to figure out how to keep him on the field. He wants to be dependable. I know he’s working hard. It would be really good if we could have him for 16 games and then some.” (Wilson)
- John McClain of the Houston Chronicle reports that Texans RB D’Onta Foreman (Achilles) is “working very hard” to recover and people within the organization are “impressed” with how he is looking this offseason. (SportsRadio 610)
- Titans GM Jon Robinson says the team has not made a decision on OT Jack Conklin‘s fifth-year option. (Terry McCormick)
- With the Titans looking for WR help, ESPN’s Turron Davenport thinks Tyrell Williams, Adam Humphries, Jamison Crowder, Golden Tate and Randall Cobb could all be worth looks in free agency.
- Robinson called upcoming free agent S Kenny Vaccaro a “primary target” for the Titans, per Jim Wyatt of the team website.